In our continued efforts to provide a safe and enjoyable Labor Day parade, you agree to accept and communicate the following expectations to all involved with your entry:
1. If approved you will distribute a copy of your confirmation letter to each participant in your unit. Each participant is required to present copy of their unit's confirmation upon request from Parade Committee or Police.
2. The Applicant agrees that he/she is responsible for the safety of his/her unit, property connected therewith and persons affiliated with the unit. Should the unit or any property connected therewith be damaged, or should affiliated persons be injured, the Applicant agrees to indemnify the Naperville Jaycees, Naperville Community Charitable Organization Inc, and the City of Naperville against and save them harmless from any and all liability for injury or death of persons, and from damage or destruction to property caused by Applicant.
3. The Applicant agrees to abide by all applicable city ordinances.
4. The Applicant acknowledges that the Naperville Jaycees have the authority to govern the conduct and organization of the parade, and the Applicant further agrees to abide by all decisions made by the Jaycees on the day of the parade.
5. Height of float, flags, or displays is not to exceed 12 feet from road bed to the tallest point. The Naperville Jaycees reserve the right to remove or reposition Applicant from parade route if said height exceeds 12 feet. We also may charge a fine of $250, in addition to any City fees, fines, and charges.
6. The Applicant agrees to accept all future modifications in the Application made and communicated by the Committee, or, in the alternative, withdraw its Application in writing.
7. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING MAY BE THROWN FROM ANY ENTRY!! The Applicant must receive written approval of any items that they would like to distribute to parade spectators. The Applicant further agrees to pass these pre-approved items from hand-to-hand only. Throwing items to parade spectators will be strictly prohibited!
8. The Applicant agrees that their unit will NOT stop to perform along the parade route. For the safety of participants and spectators we will not allow any large exercise apparatus, such as a balance beam, trampoline, etc. All applicants are responsible for communicating on the front of the Entry Application a detailed description of how their unit will be participating.
9. The Applicant agrees to properly dispose of any litter they may accumulate around their unit the morning of the parade.
10. Any Signage/Posters or playing music with vulgar lyrics and profanity is NOT ALLOWED. Signage/Posters and music MUST be suitable for a family audience. You may be charged $750 per offense and removed from the parade.
11. The Naperville Jaycees reserve the right to reject any applicant or application for any reason without cause. If you have any questions call the Last Fling hotline at (630) 961-4143 or email parade chairs. Your full application fee will be returned if we are unable to accept you or your group as a participant.